Friday, July 18, 2008

THE FISH IS IN THE WATER....

Our girl has always been a lover of the water. She would spend all day everyday at the pool, lake, beach - anywhere there is water - if it were up to her. This year we decided to give swim team a try.

When she started the season, she was a little uncertain about the amount of work it would require. She came home after one of her first practices and said (with a great deal of skepticism) "My coaches said by the end of the season I would be able to swim all the way across the pool without stopping!" "Do you know how far that is!?" "It's farther than from here (kitchen countertop against which I was leaning) to the door!" "And, they say I will learn how to dive?!!".

Check out the form for that dive!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Once in the water, it's all about technique...
Photobucket

Photobucket

Like the new goggles?
Photobucket

We end with a portrait of our swimmer. Just before her first meet she said to me "I am just going to have fun. If I don't win, it won't matter. I'll just say great job to who ever wins." She first swam a relay, then her first individual event, the 25 meter free style. After coming out of the water the first words out of her mouth were "Did I win?!"
DidIWin

1 comment:

Katie said...

Awesome Saige! It looks like you are becoming quite a good swimmer. We'll have to go swimming together next time we visit. :) Keep it up!