Saturday, September 13, 2008

FAMILY ALBUM

While visiting with a friend from out-of-town (the author of Rees Genre), we were asked when she could expect to see a family gallery here on the blog. Well, here we go.

I thought I would begin with the newest member of our family. For those of you who have not met our newest addition, allow me to introduce…..

P182:

Photobucket

Is that not the coolest computer case you’ve ever seen? Mrs. P loves the spoiler.

After seven years of faithful service to our family, we finally had to replace our old PC. Over the past few years, Mrs. P and I have built nearly a dozen computers for friends and family (including four for my office). The Antec P182 is the most interesting case I have ever worked with. Designed to maximize cooling and minimize noise, the case has an entirely unique design. While functioning extremely well, isolating the PSU in a lower chamber makes for some tricky cable management. Ultimately, we ended up with this beautiful build:

Photobucket

Just look at that baby gleaming in the morning sunlight!

Photobucket
(I did have a little difficulty getting the tripod to stand level in the grass)

Almost majestic, no?
Photobucket

4 comments:

kto1s said...

I am sending Casey to your blog the next second I get. He will be so impressed and may just have to follow suit. On second thought, maybe I WON'T be sending him your way...:)

House Of P said...

The last two posts really make us feel pretty cool. From a minor construction project to an exercise in technological proficiency, we really feel like a true 21st century family. :=D

Katie said...

I always thought you had beautiful and intellegent children. I think this one you will really be able to put to work (which is why we have kids, right?). Thanks for the family foto! :) Have fun with the new computer. I am jealous!

traske.melissa said...

wow...traske would sure love to get his hands on some new technology. he might have to check out your newest member.